Cumberland Ridge Homeowners Association Cumberland Ridge Homeowners Association Cumberland Ridge Homeowners Association
 
 
 
Home
FAQ
About Us
Our Neighborhood
Homes for Sale
Our Sponsors
Contact Us
 
Board Members
Classifieds
Neighborhood Directory
Message Board
Pet Directory
Recipe Book
Upcoming Events
Board Requests
 
News
 

View Archives

Fiscal Year 2018 Annual Meeting Minutes
Posted on May 30th, 2017 Comments (0)
Cumberland Ridge Homeowner’s Association
Annual Meeting Minutes
May 16, 2017
 
 
 
The Cumberland Ridge Homeowner’s Association held their annual meeting on Tuesday May 16, 2017 at 5:30 pm at The Builder’s Association of South Central Kentucky.
 
Graham Cole, Board President, called the meeting to order.
 
 
Items discussed:
 
  • An election was held for board member positions for the 2017-2018 year.  The board members for the upcoming year will be Graham Cole, Scott Neighbors, Wanda Dobbins, Terry Eidson, Richard Blackerby and Kim Harlow.
 
  • Richard Blackerby brought up concerns about the common areas still not having been deeded over to the HOA.  The board will need to contact Norman Harned regarding progress made so far on this task.
 
  • Residents pointed out that the newer street lights contain different bulbs that shine much brighter and look different than other lights throughout the neighborhood.  The board will contact WRECC on this matter.
 
  • The handling of accounting services has changed hands.  Meyer and Associates had been handling the HOA accounting for several years.  The board recently voted to hire Shelton CPAs as the new accountants.  Meyer had failed to file  taxes for the HOA in years past and had not properly updated board members with the state.
 
  • Jeff Smith will no longer be able to house and install mailboxes for the HOA.  The board has voted to put the responsibility of ordering and installing mailboxes on the individual homeowners.
 
  • The board has passed a new budget for the upcoming year.  The HOA is expecting to collect nearly $90,000 in homeowner dues this fiscal year.  The remaining balance for the developer’s loan has been completely paid off this year.  The HOA is now debt free.
 
  • A motion was made by Graham Cole, seconded by Donald Houchin, to approve the replacement of groups of dead trees located on the berm, as well as to run irrigation lines through the berm to keep those trees alive.  Motion passed.
 
  • A decision on whether or not to bug spray the trees on the berm will be left to the board’s discretion after they have had time to research this course of action.
 
 
  • The board’s course of action regarding restriction violations is as follows: 1.) Send a letter to the violator.  2.)  Send a certified letter to the violator.  3.) Turn the violation over to the HOA attorney.
 
  • Graham Cole recommended developing a welcome committee for new homeowners.  Tom Griffin volunteered to help in section five, while Kim Harlow volunteered to help in section two.
 
  • A motion was made by Graham Cole, seconded by Bob Shell, to hold a proxy vote that would allow the HOA to make changes to the binding elements with a 2/3 vote of attendees at the annual meetings instead of a 2/3 vote of the entire subdivision.  Motion passed.
 
There being no further business, Graham Cole made a motion to adjourn the meeting.  Motion passed.
 
 
 
Respectfully submitted,
 
Clay Ritter
Executive Officer